07 August 2008

Busy Month Ahead

Dear Diary,

It has been a crazy few days, but I had some time today to sit down and get my August calendar organized. So many things to do, so little time.

  1. Respect for Parent's Day - I keep missing this one. As a parent, I'm very interested in getting this on the calendar for next year.
  2. Ice Cream Sandwich Day - There aren't many treats that can compare to the ice cream sandwich. I'm glad it got a special day.
  3. Grab Some Nuts Day - How exactly do you celebrate this day?
  4. Colorado Day - Go Colorado! I've got a good friend that lives in CO, but I've never been there. It's days like today that make me want to make travel plans.
  5. Blackmail Day - Really??? This is something to celebrate?
  6. National Fresh Breath Day - We need to celebrate fresh breath everyday. Please pass the mints.
  7. Chinese Valentine's Day - I heard that it's difficult to get good chocolate in China. What do you think they exchange instead?
  8. Happiness Happens Day - Now that I'm thinking about chocolate, that makes me happy.
  9. Send an Email Day - I currently have over 1000 emails in my inbox. I don't think I need more, do you?
  10. Lazy Day - I really want to celebrate this one, but I've got plans to be busy.
  11. Middle Children's Day - Just when I couldn't see the bright side of being a middle child, they go and give me a special day. I'm calling my siblings for presents.
  12. Thank You Day - Of course, this is for the middle children to thank everyone for the wonderful gifts.
  13. Left-handers Day - Dad is left handed and wanted one of us kids to be left handed too. I used to practice daily and can now write fairly well with it. I'm not a left-handed bowler, however.
  14. Financial Awareness Day - I am painfully aware of my finances. Back to school shopping, class fees, and sports can take a toll on the checking account.
  15. Sit Back and Relax Day - I'm being optimistic by putting this on my calendar. It is, however, a Friday. Tomorrow I need to be at the park at 8am for a day of flag football and cheerleading.
  16. Tell A Joke Day - Did you hear the one about the man who... I'll tell you later.
  17. #2 Pencil Day - For those of you who also have an obsession for stationary, you will understand that I have to celebrate this day.
  18. Stay Home with Your Kids Day - Today is the first day of school. I don't think this counts for an excused absence.
  19. National Soft Icecream Day - My absolute favorite treat. I think I will spend the day going from icecream shop to icecream shop asking for free samples.
  20. Corn Palace Festival (South Dakota) - I was just at the Corn Palace in June. Lots of fun if you get the chance to stop. Make sure you do the scavenger hunt. You get a "corny" prize if you finish it.
  21. Scrape the Bugs Day - Lovebug season is coming. I will be doing more than my share of bug scraping.
  22. Be an Angel Day - I will preface every request with "be an angel" today. I wonder how annoying that will be?
  23. Hug Your Sweetheart Day - It's a Saturday, so we might see each other.
  24. Waffle Day - Now we're talking. Move over IHOP, I'm headed for the Waffle House!
  25. Banana Split Day - I really am beginning to like August. Bananas are good for you. I think I can justify celebrating this holiday.
  26. Toilet Paper Day - On my list of things I can't do without, this is in the top 10.
  27. Banana Lovers Day - I need another banana split.
  28. Commercial Day - Wouldn't this be a great day to schedule "The World's Funniest Commercials"? I don't think it will happen.
  29. College Colors Day - Crimson and Cream... Go Big Red!
  30. Toasted Marshmallow Day - That just made me think of the Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters. That was a good movie. And today is also my baby sister's birthday...she's 34 this year. Ooops, how'd that happen. She's old.
  31. Eat Outside Day - The only thing I'll be eating in this heat is ice cream. It's a good enough reason, isn't it?

Here's hoping that all of you find a reason to celebrate each day too.

No comments: