12 November 2010

When do we reserve the U-haul?

Over the last several years, our family has discussed moving. The closest we got was about 4 years ago when I got a job that allowed me to work from home. We went so far as to call people about their homes to see what the schools were like. But that discussion, like our others before and since, all were put aside because someone in the family had a serious objection to moving away from our house.

A few weeks ago, however, our casual conversation about moving turned into a decision, then a plan, and now it is a plan in action. We are moving. I've been in contact with the future schools, have a place to move, have already discussed moving with my employer, and have started packing.

It seems very surreal at this point, but it's all that I can think about. I find myself dreaming at night about where to put our furniture, what to bring, what to sell, and what to give away.

I'm trying not to get too excited, and I'm also trying not to get too sad, since we will be leaving behind a church family that we absolutely love, a house that we raised our babies in, and a state without snow.

Pray for us as we get closer to our June moving date. It seems like it's just around the corner.

No comments: